Hadith Qudsi 19:5: “The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance.” (The Hadith Qudsi, or holy Hadith, are those in which Muhammad transmits the words of Allah, although those words are not in the Qur’an.)
Muhammad also said:
(1) “Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance.”
(2) “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress.”
(3) “Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage.”
(4) “This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones.” Someone asked, “When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?” and he said, “When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful.”
(5) “There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ….” — ‘Umdat al-Salik r40.0
Seminary organisers in the town of Landi Kotal in the Federally Administered Tribal Area on Friday allegedly announced a ban on musical gatherings in the area, sources in the political administration told DawnNews.
Syed Mohammad Ilyas Banuri alias Khan Lala and Syed Muhammad Ibrahim alias Bacha Jan, organisers of the Khanqah-e-Binoria seminary, allegedly announced the restriction on musical gatherings in the Shinwari Ashkhel area, the sources said.
The organisers warned that the houses of those either holding musical gatherings or in possession of musical instruments would be burnt, the sources claimed.
According to sources, a few days ago, the organisers of the seminary had allegedly ransacked weddings in the area and seized musical instruments being played there.
Today, after Friday prayers and in the presence of hundreds of people, the men allegedly burnt the instruments, the sources said.