Islamic State claims responsibility for Melbourne jihad siege that left two people dead

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the shooting and hostage situation that left two men dead in Melbourne

Earlier, the gunman had said “this is for ISIS and al-Qaeda,” but still the police were in doubt, stating that “terrorism  was “one line of inquiry.”

Yacqub Khayre was also acquitted of plotting a terror attack at a Sydney army base years earlier.

Another attack to add to those in Manchester and London. Authorities cannot keep pace with jihadists on the loose, thanks to their suicidal immigration policies and denial that the West is in a full-blown war with “radical Islamic terrorism” — a war in which the enemy seeks to kill and be killed or Allah (cf. Qur’an 9:111).

“Isis claims responsibility for Melbourne siege that left two people dead”

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the shooting and hostage situation that left two men dead in Melbourne overnight.

The gunman, named by police on Tuesday as Yacqub Khayre, took a woman hostage in an apartment building in Brighton, 11km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district, on Monday night.

Police shot him dead after he emerged from the complex with a sawn-off shotgun, shooting at officers. They then discovered the body of another man in the foyer of the apartment block.

Three police officers were shot during the siege, although their injuries were not life-threatening. Two police suffered hand injuries and a third was injured in the face and neck area.

The hostage had been called to the apartment through an escort service on Monday, police said. On Tuesday police said the woman was traumatised but not hurt. The dead man had been working at the serviced apartments.

Isis published a statement via a news agency linked to the group, saying the attack had been carried out by one of its soldiers.

“The attack in Melbourne, Australia, was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State in response to the call for targeting the subjects of the coalition states,” said a statement published on the group’s Amaq news agency and translated by Reuters.

The Seven Network reported the gunman called the organisation saying “This is for IS [Islamic State]. This is for al-Qaida.”

darkredjoinRoyal Ace¦ High Rollers¦ 200% Bonus

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s